Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Docker Setup on Windows 10

Here are my findings, challenges and workarounds when I  installed docker on Windows 10 machine.

Step 1:
Install docker from https://docs.docker.com/toolbox/toolbox_install_windows/

Step 2:
After Installation, Open "Docker QuickStart Terminal"

For me, Docker QuickStart Terminal Prompted an error to disable virtualization as shown in below window ( but in one of the youtube video they have enabled virtualization on system to work with docker, I am not sure why I need to disable virtualization in Windows 10 machine)

Step 3:
After spending a lot of time on various articles to disable an virtualization in windows 10, below command solved the issue to disable virtualization.


dism.exe /online /disable-feature:microsoft-hyper-v





Step 4:

After the above step, I have restarted my system to reflect the changes.


Step 5:

Open Docker Quickstart Terminal, it should open window with IP address and docker image.





Step 6:

Start using dockers as per your requirement ;)


Enable Virtualization Command

Enable virtualization on system with below command 






No comments: